Local Search Marketing for Multiple Site Businesses
Local search marketing has gradually moved from Yellow Pages to online search engines. If your multi-site business is not getting regular phone calls from people eager to buy, then this article is for you.
Most Yellow Pages ads were and are the name, rank and serial number variety. Here’s the name of my business, this is what we do, here’s our number or address. Very few of them stray into lead generation. Yet, those that do attract leads on their Yellow Pages ads were and are being smart.
Not everyone is ready to buy. The thing about people is they will buy as and when they are ready to buy, not when you want the sale. Some are ready now, some are open to the idea of buying soon and others aren’t thinking of it but could be. Some people know they aren’t interested.
Smart marketers attract people by providing value-first. They offer this through lead magnets, webinars, video content, even gated blog articles.
Back to local search marketing…
When someone prefixes or suffixes a search with a geography, they are signalling something very important. That they are almost ready to buy. They want to find someplace local to them to satiate their desire to act.
Gartner research estimates 70% of search is long-tail, geographically based.
Single or two-word keywords are very popular. If you are in the insurance business, ‘insurance’ will get many thousands of searches weekly. With lots of insurance businesses wanting to be ranked on page one, competition for these keywords is fiercely competitive and expensive.
For smaller businesses, who sensibly do not follow the search strategy of their bigger competitors, there is some smug/good news. These ‘fat head’ searches do not convert as well as ‘long-tail’ searches. They are akin to browsing in a shop.
Long-tail keywords identify people later in the buying cycle. If the local search was ‘engineering insurance Leeds’ the person searching is looking for a conversation with a local vendor or engineering insurance. The browsing is done. The local search demonstrates intention to purchase, locally. Now it is time to talk.
There will be far fewer keyword searches for ‘engineering insurance leeds’, but if your business had a solution wouldn’t you want them to give you a call? Of course, you would.
27% of all searches Google sees are new to them. This is because search terms are longer, more complex, with an expectation of a specific answer required.
Why get someone to call?
Local search marketing capitalises on a person’s buying commitment. If the search was “emergency electrician Northampton” the person does not want a report on the 5 things they need to know about household electrics, they want help. Now.
Your business wants a call from a prospective buyer because you can help steer them to the right sales solution for them. A telephone call helps you assess their specific requirement, address outstanding concerns, and crucially you can pivot the conversation per the dialogue.
If your business has multiple sites, such as an insurance broker, a care home, a hotel chain, a franchise operation or a retail network, then attract buyers through a long-tail keyword Google Adword and SEO strategy. With a telephone call to action.
Local search is not just about PPC (pay per click) either. You want to ensure your business exploits natural search too. Up to 36% of users click PPC, the other 64% click the natural search results within Google. The local carousel (Google Maps) is clicked 28% of those users, with 72% clicking the natural results that appear below the local carousel.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity that a long-tail keyword search brings. It is a solid buying signal. Heed it by engaging the prospect in conversation.
If you have the capability to do all this in your company, then get to it. However, working with leaders in this field, eSales Hub, my experience is that is unlikely. They have patent pending technology that leverages 28 complex moving parts to make local search work for multiple sites.
As a results focused provider, eSales Hub has developed relevant procedures to gain better natural search listings:
- Multiple landing pages, with relevant high quality local content.
- Responsive design and use of accelerated mobile pages.
- Secure content, realistic reviews that represent the service or product.
What makes raving fans of eSales Hub is their ability to use tracking technology on keywords and telephony. All calls are recorded. Also by tracking the call to a specific search terms, cost savings over current PPC spend and increases in average invoice value are delivered.
To discover more about local search marketing and the eSales Hub commercial “Pay As You Grow” model, then please get in touch with Graham Arrowsmith or 01535 654930 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org